Wednesday, October 10, 2007

first times

last monday night, The Wife and i welcomed a guest into our home for the First Time! (this not including family).

joshua had a client in PD (he's still studying, but does some freelance computer stuff). he decided that he didn't want to go all the way back to PJ on monday night, so he stayed over at our house instead.

we had a good seafood dinner together (butter prawns, fried mantis prawns... yum yum!) followed by a trip to Jusco for dessert. we each had cornettoes; mine was tira-miss-you flavour, which sounded lame and mushy but tasted pretty good. =) we also bought some pasta, and some tinned sauces recommended by joshua. we tried the sausage one last night and it was delicious. =)

the last camp that i'll be involved in this year is Emmanuel EFC's Youth Camp. and this will be my First Time being the main speaker for a camp! The theme of the camp is True Reality. so please pray for me as i prepare my 5 sessions for this camp. pray for the leading, anointing, and creativity of the Holy Spirit. and pray for the youth who'll be coming, that God wil be able to speak to them through me. First Times are scary, so i really appreciate your prayers for me in this! =)

5 comments:

enn@j said...

wah main speaker lor...so proud of u! :)

siehjin said...

thanks joanne =)

tabbydlim said...

hey!.. don't worry.. the youth in my church are all very nice ppl. I'm SURE they're going to like you. If all else fails, just start laughing or playing the guitar. That'll put them in good spirits.

Unfortunately.. I won't be able to be there (aiya!) cos' the government decided that I'm not patriotic enough so they signed me up for NS. =(

Anyways, all the best in ur preparations! See u in dna..?

I am Legend said...

Kam Heong mantis prawn, butter prawn..........
feel like coming there again just to eat.....
but MUST remember to bring mosquito repellent!!!!!!

siehjin said...

thanks for the encouragement, tabby =) yeah, i'll c u at dNa! =D

joshua, you're welcome anytime... just call up first to make sure we're around and not asquare. =)